Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Maybelline BB Cream Review

Asian BB (beauty balm, blemish balm, blemish base) creams have finally hit mainstream cosmetic companies in the US; Garnier, Revlon and Maybelline have them.  I decided to try Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream as I felt their shades catered to my skin tone.  I'm NC44 and got the medium/deep BB cream.

Touted as a 8 in 1 skin perfector (blurs imperfections, brightens, evens skin tone, smooths, hydrates, enhances, protects with SPF 30, 0% oils and heavy ingredients) I was excited to try this, despite the hydrating claim, which is usually a no-no for my oily skin type.  I fell for the hype and tried it any way.  Here are my pros and cons after I giving it a test run:

Pros:
Light weight
Decent range of shades
Great for dry skin types
Great for those that don't like foundation
Great for those that want a bit of makeup without wearing a makeup look
Great for teens getting into  a makeup routine (with a dry skin type!)
SPF 30

Cons:
Not for the #teamoilygirls

While I was a bit impressed by the less-than-a-tinted-moisturizer feel (no coverage, slight tint), this balm had me greasy.  I would have had to set this balm with blot powder.  I would even feel uncomfortable wearing this in the cooler, drier months.

This was a no-go for your girl; FAIL, but I'm sure this will make a lot of women happy.  A bit of pampering for the skin without the "I'm wearing a heavy foundation makeup" look.

Have you tried this? What's your skin type?  What do you think of it?

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Hated it!! *two snaps in a Z formation*

yummy411 said...

lol! unfort... i wonder if we are the minority? a lot of ppl like it. i'm just glad its in an accessible market with different color options.

Mila said...

this makes me sad because i just bought this! i didnt read this in time . and im super oily lol. what's your fave drugstore oily foundation? i htink im going to keep this bb cream though because i havent really found anythign to work on me and it does have enough spf. =( waahhh lol
xoxo Mila

Quiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quiana said...

I have to agree that Iwasn't a fan of the BB cream as well for the same reason, it left me very oily and it has very poor oil control.

makeupbyquiana.blogspot.com

yummy411 said...

@ mila: this is just my opinion; how do you like it??

@ quiana: yeh i feel you...